Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bach is a Rockstar

I started this blog because I have recently rekindled my love for classical music, and I now appreciate both the technical and emotional aspects more than ever. So much so that I feel the need to share.

I've been hooked on rock music since junior year of high school, and have throughout the years merely dabbled in classical stuff. I even took a history of music class in college, but I wasn't in the right mindset at the time to truly appreciate what I was learning. I just wasn't receptive to classical at that time.

Last month, I saw Black Swan, and would have paid the $12 just to hear Tchaikovsky's brilliance. The entire film itself was riveting; but it was the sounds of the orchestra which reminded me of the ageless musical expanse I was ready to explore.

So I've been listening. I've taken to so many artists and styles of classical in the past two weeks, I need to be able to keep track of it all. This blog is going to be a chronicle of songs that are resonating with me at the time I post about it. It will sort of be a journal, told through the music. Awesome. Hope you enjoy it, or at the very least, want to discover a new source of audio stimulation like I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment