Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Context and motivation



The reason this blog is called Bach is a Rockstar is shown through pieces like this one. Frankly, it kicks ass. Musicians like Bach were so talented, I wonder what kind of music they could have created today with so many new sounds and instruments that now exist. Bach with an electric guitar would have been magic. Alas, his talent and passion live in an older sound.

This blog is also going to include rock music that is resonating with me, because it surely will. I enjoy any song in these two genres that I think has both technical and emotional force. There are a ton of artists out there who are capable of it. Some of them wrote for violin, and others for guitar. To me they are all rockstars.

Basically, if it sounds good to me, I'll have it stuck in my head for days, and eventually it will be here on this very blog! But for now...

1 comment:

  1. Hi beni,

    yes he is and Mozart was probaly the punk... however asI am one who thinks reincarnation is real, for me those people have reincarnated as, well heavens knows, or you chose.... there is an abundance of them "out there", and all of them have a message, all!

    By the way "Bach is a rockstar" are you aware know of Walter/Wendy Carlos "Bach on Moog Synth."

    check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6I33iW1kmw&feature=related - at the time (late 60's) it blew my head off!

    ReplyDelete